Thursday, January 12, 2006

The swiftist...#33


Chewie
2004-2006

Unfortantly i bring both good and bad tidings. The night that i returned to school, my dearest pet hamster Chewie passed away from cancer complications. She was a good little bear of a pet and i loved her.
On a better note i can disclose the christmas gifts that i made for my trio of best girl friends. I present the forty cozy... It keeps your forty from chilling you hand and your hand from warming your forty. I made three color options for the lettering. They say "fourtyounce" in script both rightside up and upside down. The photo does not do them justice. I adjusted the Winecozy from Knitty winter 04 by Jennifer Carter. I added my own hand designed text, which my dad helped me with. If you need to buy motocycle parts check him out here.

Also while i was away i finally got the yarn for the one button cardi. Nice. And we added two new members to our family. Two baby birds born and breed in our home. 1 demore female and a robusk male.

Jolly and Holly, respectively

Their feathers were comming in when i shot this. They look kind of like strange dinosaurs. I got a beloved demel tool for christmas which i glass etched a bottle for my spinning wheel oil with. Way cool.

I also got my hair cut. i dig it. so i need to know what everyone would knit if they had no boundries. I'm doing a research project... I need feedback.

So to you all: I wish you a fan-freakin-tastic new year. Stay strong. I wish you all steady hands...

2 comments:

Scoutj said...

I like the hair!

No boundaries? I know this doesn't sound too crazy but I'd move my family to some quaint little town in France or Switzerland. I love Europe so much and I just know that's where I'm really supposed to live.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, you totally forgot the fact that the forty warmer also prevents hand wetness from condensed water that results from cold forty.

And I would totally knit myself lace curtains out of some kind of dark mohair, not the prissy/crappy lace curtain found in Grandma's bathroom window that smell like spoiled eggs and stale cigarette smoke, but the elegant spiderwebby lace that could also be worn as a victorian wedding veil if you know what I mean...

Luv you!