Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday, *New Project*




If I were a hungry lime I would look like this...

I started a new project, the one button cardi from the second issue of knit.1. I'm not real big on these magazines but a woman i work with in the yarn store made this out of a multicolored alpaca Boucle. She hated working with it but i love the way it looks. The yarn was really cheap at Jo-Ann fabric. Now i know i should not settle but the yarn was perfect and $7.99 for 853 yards. That is enough for the whole project (I'm double stranding it) and i got 30% off because it was the last one of this color and was tangled. I am more that happy to untangle yarn if it means i end up spending about $5 for a whole project. Pushing back my Christmas gifts, i have about half of the back finished.

This week two of my portraits were put in the student art show. This is a cool thing. At the opening people kept pointing at me. My photography is racy at best, so i cause lots of turmoil. Fun. I also wanted slugs with week. I want to do a photo thing with slugs so i have to find big live slugs. I called a biological supply company, they want $7.95 for a three pack of live slugs. I was sure i could find slugs for free. I called the botanical garden in our area hoping that they would have some slugs around. They didn't but one if the grounds keepers has a slug problem at his house. I called this man about catching me some slugs. He's working on it. That was, in the least, a very strange call to make.

There is a really cool southeast Asian mask exhibit in the library that i took pictures of... As for that interview last week, I'm in the program. Now i just have to send them an ass load of paperwork and then they will find me a job. Me teaching children. It's scary. Speaking of children, my cousin's baby's mama just popped out a chillin'. Congrads on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought this magazine for this very pattern, and I don't knit! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

:)

Heidi R. said...

i just learned how to crochet..is knitting harder or easier? It looks like u are pretty good at it...good luck with the new project...cute self pic!

anxiety knits said...

knitting is not hard at all. It might be a bit strange since you have learned to crochet first. Thanks